27 September 2007

BIG sigh of relief

I am writing this entry from my smallish room on the second storey of 12 Emmanuel Road. I have a view of the garden; it is not the most thriving garden, but there is a giant tree in front of my window! (I will have to ask someone what kind of tree it is...) And my window is large and opens wide! I think with a little love this place will shape right up!

It was a long, tiresome journey, but I have arrived!

I am off to grab dinner with my neighbour... will write more later!

4 comments:

Matthew Sexsmith said...

Hi Lauren,

This is your uncle Matt. I have decided to follow your adventure with great joy.

All new pathes lead a greater enrichment of our lives, so I will enjoy yours from the sidelines. I hope all goes well and if not I'm sure you'll let us all know.

Love your uncle Matt

Paula the Mum said...

So glad you have a window! Maybe you can start a vegetable garden to improve the view.
Forever your MUM with love

Unknown said...

Grow rosemary! It smells good and just seems appropriate! Glad you got there in one piece. Is there heat?

John Pollard said...

Hi Lauren

I was intrigued to see you lived in 12 Emmanuel Road: I was there as an undergraduate (of Trinity) 1961 to 1963. I had the room on the ground floor on the right as you go in the front door and in the subsequent year I had a little room right at the top (2nd floor in English parlance) overlooking the road.

When I was there the housekeeper/ bedder's family of four lived in the basement and there were four undergraduate rooms. It was always cold in the winter.

It looks to me as if Emma bought #12 in 2001 and when you occupied it I guess it was completely different from the rather run-down basic accommodation we (all men!) "enjoyed".

If you have any pictures please post them!

John Pollard